1. No Poverty: The goal is to eradicate extreme poverty in all its forms everywhere by 2030. This includes reducing the number of people living in poverty and providing support for the most vulnerable populations.
2. Zero Hunger: The aim is to end hunger, achieve food security and improve nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture. This involves providing access to sufficient, safe, and nutritious food for all and reducing food waste.
3. Good Health and Well-being: The goal is to ensure that all people have access to quality health care and services, including preventative measures and treatments for diseases. This also involves promoting mental health and well-being and reducing the spread of infectious diseases.
4. Quality Education: The objective is to provide inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all. This includes ensuring access to quality education, improving teacher training, and promoting gender equality in education.
5. Gender Equality: The goal is to eliminate all forms of discrimination and violence against women and girls and empower them to participate fully in all spheres of life. This includes promoting equal opportunities for women and girls in education, employment, and political participation.
6. Clean Water and Sanitation: The aim is to ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all. This includes improving access to safe drinking water, basic sanitation, and hygiene, and reducing water pollution.
7. Affordable and Clean Energy: The objective is to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all. This includes promoting renewable energy sources, improving energy efficiency, and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
8. Decent Work and Economic Growth: The goal is to promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all. This involves creating jobs, promoting entrepreneurship, and improving working conditions for all.
9. Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure: The aim is to build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization, and foster innovation. This includes improving transportation and communication systems, promoting research and development, and encouraging the growth of sustainable industries.
10. Reduced Inequalities: The objective is to reduce income inequality within and among countries and to eliminate discrimination. This involves promoting equal opportunities for all, improving access to basic services, and addressing the root causes of poverty and inequality.
11. Sustainable Cities and Communities: The goal is to make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable. This includes improving urban planning, reducing air pollution, and promoting sustainable urbanization.
12. Responsible Consumption and Production: The aim is to ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns and to promote sustainable and efficient use of natural resources. This involves reducing waste, improving resource efficiency, and promoting environmentally responsible consumption and production practices.
13. Climate Action: The objective is to take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts by regulating emissions, strengthening resilience, and promoting sustainable practices. This includes reducing greenhouse gas emissions, improving adaptation measures, and promoting sustainable transportation and energy practices.
14. Life Below Water: The goal is to conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas, and marine resources for sustainable development. This involves reducing marine pollution, protecting marine biodiversity, and promoting sustainable fishing practices.
15. Life On Land: This goal is to protect, restore, and promote the sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, forests, wetlands, and other habitats. This includes reducing deforestation, improving soil health, and protecting wildlife and ecosystems.
16. Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions: The objective is to promote peaceful and inclusive societies, provide access to justice for all, and build effective, accountable, and inclusive institutions at all levels. It aims to reduce violence and combat terrorism and organized crime, and to promote the rule of law and access to justice for all.
17. Partnerships for the Goals: This goal recognizes that achieving the SDGs requires the collective efforts of governments, civil society, the private sector, and individuals. It calls for strengthened and revitalized global partnerships for sustainable development, with a focus on financing, technology transfer, and capacity building. This goal also emphasizes the importance of cooperation and collaboration among all actors in order to achieve the SDGs.